Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

locked Iphone and Ipad

I have an Iphone and an old Ipad that I purchased from a second hand store. They both are locked and I can"t get into them. someone told me that I may be able to get apple to get in touch with the previous owners and ask them to unlock the devices. Does anyone know if this is true?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 6:59 PM

No, that is not true. Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using a device if it's ever lost or stolen.

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Activation Lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous owner can remove the lock by using their Apple ID & password. Apple will not help you find the previous owner. If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock, then the device is useless to you or anyone else.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2022 6:59 PM in response to Troubledaddy

No, that is not true. Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using a device if it's ever lost or stolen.

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Activation Lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous owner can remove the lock by using their Apple ID & password. Apple will not help you find the previous owner. If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock, then the device is useless to you or anyone else.

locked Iphone and Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.