Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Can’t I Edit iPhone Videos?

For several months now (due to updates?) video editing on my iPhone XS Max has become extremely limited or nonexistent. Sometimes I can trim and save a video, but then when I attempt any more edits, they can’t be saved. What’s going on Apple? I saw this issue in much earlier questions, but with no solutions.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 2:21 AM

Transfer first the video to a macOS or Windows OS computer.

Then try to edit the video from the computer, which is usually more convenient.

See this Apple article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

For more ways to transfer photos and videos to your computer -> scroll down.

If you have a macOS computer use iMovie, see: iMovie - Apple

If you have a Windows OS computer, I am sure you have / know third party app you can use.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2022 2:21 AM in response to DJD562

Transfer first the video to a macOS or Windows OS computer.

Then try to edit the video from the computer, which is usually more convenient.

See this Apple article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

For more ways to transfer photos and videos to your computer -> scroll down.

If you have a macOS computer use iMovie, see: iMovie - Apple

If you have a Windows OS computer, I am sure you have / know third party app you can use.

Feb 26, 2022 12:03 AM in response to DJD562

You are addressing this to another user and not to Apple in this forum.

Apple Support Community Forum

This is Apple Support Community forum, primarily for a user to user interaction for information & idea sharing between users, if need be, extend support on technical know-how in handling Apple products from a more experienced fellow user, This is not the right forum to discuss with Apple Inc.

Why Can’t I Edit iPhone Videos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.