Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple notes

While using a iPad pencil for writing notes, How can I delete line/lines?

I am able to only insert lines but not able to delete them. ‘Undo’ is not an option, as I would like to delete the extra lines at any point while writing.

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 11:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 8:50 AM

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying.

You would tap on the far left where the space was created; you will see a yellow line that you can drag up & down to increase/decrease the size of the space and/or drawing.

Tap the line and then delete.

I have attached a screenshot so you can see what the yellow line looks like; it is circled in red.

Hope this helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2022 8:50 AM in response to kalasatish

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying.

You would tap on the far left where the space was created; you will see a yellow line that you can drag up & down to increase/decrease the size of the space and/or drawing.

Tap the line and then delete.

I have attached a screenshot so you can see what the yellow line looks like; it is circled in red.

Hope this helps.

Feb 26, 2022 2:47 AM in response to kalasatish

Hi,

If you are using the Apple Pencil, tap the Eraser in the tool palette and erase the lines accordingly.

If you are referring to the layout of that specific note, you can go to Notes > Click on the note > click on the action menu/three dots in the upper right hand corner > Lines & Grids > choose the preferred layout.

If you are adding photos or other attachments with lines, you would need to crop them before adding to Notes.

Hope this helps.

Feb 26, 2022 5:55 AM in response to k_p95

sorry, I think my question was misunderstood. Let me rephrase my question:

I do not want to change the layout of the note. I have inserted space between the lines by using the option “insert space” which appears when you tap in between the lines.

what I would like to now is erase the space I created.

Please have a look at the attachment.

Apple notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.