Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display for Mac Mini

A few questions:

1. Can a late 2013 iMac be used as a display for a new Mac Mini (the screen displays the Apple logo but it refuses to boot)?
  2. If yes, is it just about connecting the 2 devices or is anything else required?
  3. If no, then what’s an ideal and not so expensive display to use?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 7:32 AM

Answer to number 1, absolutely not.

As to 3, is not a simple answer. First what is your primary and secondary uses for your computer? Second, what is you actual budget? "Not so expensive" is vague and means different things to different people. Also, what is your desired size of the display?

2 replies

Feb 26, 2022 7:43 AM in response to woodmeister50

Ok, so I can’t use the now dead late 2013 27” iMac, got it! In which case, I’d need to re-evaluate if I should get the Mac Mini at all. Basically, I like to have the entire setup (minus the keyboard and trackpad) to be less than $2000. And I want at least a 27” screen (just can’t deal with small screens any more).

I basically use the Mac for investing purposes. Which is dealing with a lot of spreadsheets, most of which scroll beyond the 27” screen. The other thing is that I create videos when I can’t figure out the numbers any more, a hobby.

Display for Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.