Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicken daily download for Apple Card

Any plans allowing Quicken to download apple.card.com transactions to download daily? Limiting us to a monthly statement download to our financial budgeting software means Apple & Goldman Sachs expects us to come up with a month's worth of purchases all at once, or else pay their 11% finance charge, which isn't reasonable for those of us living within a budget. The only alternative I have right now is to manually add each of these transactions to Quicken every day. Gold-Sachs allows their other accounts to interface directly with Quicken...not sure why Apple's link was throttled to pass transactions to Quicken. Hoping this will change soon.

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 7:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 11:48 AM

I did find a temporary solution for this and want to share in case it helps others: I installed Mint, which accepts daily transactions. Then I downloaded a free Quicken Importer from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/. So every day I open Mint & Quicken, then run the QIFImport which has a mapping to my apple.card.com account in Quicken and it pulls in the daily transactions for me. It's a few more keystrokes but in the end, it takes about the same amount of time as waiting on the Quicken Auto-downloader each day takes.

My family uses cards, not cash, for EVERY purchase, no matter how small, so juggling multiple transactions a day is difficult without tools to help automate this import.

Then I applied for the Wells Fargo Active Cash card, which seems to have an equal-to and in some cases better-than cash-back rate than the Apple Card, which I probably never would have even found if this had not been such a painful research project to begin with. All's well that ends well :)

13 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 1, 2022 11:48 AM in response to TiffyCat

I did find a temporary solution for this and want to share in case it helps others: I installed Mint, which accepts daily transactions. Then I downloaded a free Quicken Importer from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/. So every day I open Mint & Quicken, then run the QIFImport which has a mapping to my apple.card.com account in Quicken and it pulls in the daily transactions for me. It's a few more keystrokes but in the end, it takes about the same amount of time as waiting on the Quicken Auto-downloader each day takes.

My family uses cards, not cash, for EVERY purchase, no matter how small, so juggling multiple transactions a day is difficult without tools to help automate this import.

Then I applied for the Wells Fargo Active Cash card, which seems to have an equal-to and in some cases better-than cash-back rate than the Apple Card, which I probably never would have even found if this had not been such a painful research project to begin with. All's well that ends well :)

Feb 27, 2022 6:44 AM in response to TiffyCat

I can’t specifically address the compatibility of Mint and Quicken. That was not my area of testing. Here is a link to the Mint App on the App Store.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mint-budget-planner-tracker/id300238550

Id try downloading the app and trying it. Perhaps also contact Mint and Quicken support teams and inquire about their compatibility.

Feb 26, 2022 3:41 PM in response to Jeff Donald

Jeff Donald wrote:

Quicken, which is owned by Intuit, offers Apple Card integration with their mobile app, Mint. It’s not a Goldman Sachs or Apple issue.

You are about five years behind the times. Intuit sold Quicken to private equity group H.I.G. Capital in 2016. Intuit no longer has anything to do with Quicken. A new programming team has been developing Quicken since 2016. Mint is an Intuit product, not Quicken.

Sorry but you are completely wrong. And yes, it is a matter of Apple and Goldman Sachs deciding to support Quicken downloads.

Feb 26, 2022 4:40 PM in response to lkrupp

It’s irrelevant who owns what. Sorry I’m behind the times and wasn’t aware products/apps changed hands.

You’re behind the times too. I was on Intuit’s beta team and their mobile app Mint, supports Apple Card.

Mint/Intuit released their public release and it fully supports Apple Card. If Mint/Intuit can fully support why can’t Quicken?

Please correct and explain how I’m completely wrong by relating my personal experience with Mint. Mint public release fully supports Apple Card and what the original poster wants in an app. Again, not sure how I’m completely wrong and I’ll try to explain all the features Mint supports.

Feb 27, 2022 6:01 AM in response to Jeff Donald

Mint has nothing to do with anything. It's Quicken we’re discussing and Quicken cannot download Apple Card transactions because Goldman Sachs does not support it. Apple Card users do not get monthly statements from GoldmanSachs, they do not pay Goldman Sachs directly, there is no GoldmanSachs website for theApple Card, and GoldmanSachs merely acts as an agent for Apple. Quicken has always used two methods of connecting to financial institutions, Quicken Direct and Quicken Connect and financial institutions have to support one of those. Most do, a few do not, and one of those is Apple.

Feb 27, 2022 6:45 AM in response to lkrupp

What I’m offering is a solution. Mint works, Quicken doesn’t.

Apple Card is a co-branded MasterCard issued and serviced by Goldman Sachs Bank. It’s GS that owns the card, services the card, issues monthly statements (Federal Law requires monthly statements) via email and web. GS provides all customer support personnel. They are GS employees, not Apple employees.

Its not Apples responsibility to adapt their interface framework to suit developers. Apple provides framework for developers to create software that works with Apple devices, products and services.

Mint modified their app to support Apple Card and provide services to their customers. Quicken needs to do the same for their customers. I think your efforts are best directed towards Quickens support team urging them to make their software compatible with Apple Card. Ask why it works with Mint and not Quicken?

If you want to learn more about co-branded credit cards here’s a link,

https://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/co-branded-credit-cards-guide/

Mar 1, 2022 11:34 AM in response to TiffyCat

While I haven't been able to get Quicken to connect, for the last two months, when the statements are available, I have been able to pull a QFX file into Quicken and it pulls in all the transactions. Inconvenient but better than manually adding every transaction. Now I am getting an error message stating "Quicken is unable to update this account because WebConnect support for this financial institution has either been temporarily or permanently discontinued. [CC-885]". I have a Goldman Sachs Marcus account that is downloading transactions seamlessly. Maybe if I try again later, it will work.

Quicken daily download for Apple Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.