Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple owners for the same iPhone

I gave a friend my old iPhone 5 and thought I had taken all my information out. We signed in to my old iPhone with her iPhone user id and password. The iPhone 5 is now unusable so she purchased a new iPhone. It appears that her new iPhone has 2 users. Today she had an Apple update and when she went to log back in it gave my name as the owner. I've gone in to appleid.apple.com when I gave her the phone and took the iPhone 5 out. Now when I check Appleid it doesn't show my old iPhone 5. Next we went in to her Appleid and took the old iPhone 5 out and it shows only her new iPhone. Any idea's on how to take my original Appleid and information out of her Apple accounts would be very much appreciated.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 12:21 PM

Do the steps in the article below to make it 'her' phone.

Selling/Giving Away Device.  *

2 replies

Feb 27, 2022 1:45 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric,

Thanks for the reply, but not exactly what I'm looking for. When I originally gave her the phone I hadn't used it for months and had changed all my information over to my new iPhone. I thought I had taken all my information out of my old phone but I didn't do the 'reset'. My thinking at the time was - 2 people can share the same computer by signing in with a different user id - we should be able to do the same with iPhones, so I had her sign with her user id and password. She used the phone for over a year before AT&T decided that the 3G band wouldn't work anymore. That's when she got her new iPhone and signed in to it with her user id at the Apple Store and it pulled all the information from her old phone into her new phone.

But my information is still in her new phone. Every time she gets an update or restarts her new phone it says my name. She changes the log in information to her name and passcode and can use the phone.

I'm almost thinking that I need to back up all her information to ICloud, disconnect it from WiFi and AT&T and do a total reset on her new phone - but I'm pretty sure it would just restore and put my name back in the phone.

In her appleid.apple.com account it only shows her new phone. Not the old one. In MY appleid.apple.com it shows only my new iphone and not my old one.

I hope the extended information is helpful. Thanks.

Multiple owners for the same iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.