Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari says can't open site due to no wifi connection yet my chrome and DuckDuckGo browsers do

"Safari can't open website due to no wifi connection" That's the message I get when searching for a site using Safari. Yet if I turn to the Chrome browser or DuckDuckGo browsers, the page loads and no it's not restricted

What is the clue?

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 1:12 PM

Check network settings

Certain network settings, such as those related to using a proxy server or custom DNS server, can affect access to content on the internet. Even if you haven't changed your network settings, you might have installed software that changed those settings for you.

If Safari doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected - Apple Support

System Preferences > Network > WiFi > Advanced > Proxies

Unlock the lock at bottom left corner.

If any Proxies is turned on click it to turn off.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2022 1:12 PM in response to Andytheman1

Check network settings

Certain network settings, such as those related to using a proxy server or custom DNS server, can affect access to content on the internet. Even if you haven't changed your network settings, you might have installed software that changed those settings for you.

If Safari doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected - Apple Support

System Preferences > Network > WiFi > Advanced > Proxies

Unlock the lock at bottom left corner.

If any Proxies is turned on click it to turn off.

Safari says can't open site due to no wifi connection yet my chrome and DuckDuckGo browsers do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.