Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Glitching

Hey everyone,

I recently got an IPad Pro for school and work. When I use the markup option in files it will glitch out randomly and delete all my markups regardless of if the file is saved to the iPad itself or a cloud location. I’ve lost hours of notes and work from it doing this.

Also, I’ve noticed when I’m in another notebook app it randomly clicks on another tool (like a different marker) that I’m not using and switches it. This has happened multiple times too but it’s the same tool it switches to.

This is incredibly frustrating. It seems the two big reasons I got the iPad are full of glitches. I have a week to return the iPad but if it’s a simple fix I’d rather not go through the hassle of getting a new one or finding a different tablet that would work.

Thank you!

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 6:40 PM

Have you restarted the iPad? You might also try a Forced Restart - no guarantee, but it might fix some "glitches."

Force restart iPad - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

iPad Glitching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.