Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen brightness issues

How to solve screen brightness issues on iPhone 12pro max

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 6:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 10:55 AM

My screen contrast will darken from brightest (my default setting) down 2 to three levels on its own. Sometimes after the screen darkening several levels, it will brighten 1 level. I notice this happening when phone is charging and the back of my phone feels warm. Also, this will happen in the Summer time. It seems like heat may be a factor. I have tried all possible solutions to correct the screen issue and none have work for very long. I previously had the iPhone 8 pro plus which never had any issues. I believe the problem is inherently a device hardware issue. This problem is very frustrating given the fact that this phone is not cheap. Any solutions will be helpful. I am considering taking this phone back to Verizon out sending this phone back to Apple. Thank you

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2022 10:55 AM in response to Katana-San

My screen contrast will darken from brightest (my default setting) down 2 to three levels on its own. Sometimes after the screen darkening several levels, it will brighten 1 level. I notice this happening when phone is charging and the back of my phone feels warm. Also, this will happen in the Summer time. It seems like heat may be a factor. I have tried all possible solutions to correct the screen issue and none have work for very long. I previously had the iPhone 8 pro plus which never had any issues. I believe the problem is inherently a device hardware issue. This problem is very frustrating given the fact that this phone is not cheap. Any solutions will be helpful. I am considering taking this phone back to Verizon out sending this phone back to Apple. Thank you

Screen brightness issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.