Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop iPad from hanging up phone when it is closed

It seems when I get a call (ringing), if I close my iPad (to reach for my iPhone) it hangs up on the caller. How do I turn off this amazingly annoying and extremely non-intuitive behavior? If I get a call, I am going to stop what I am doing on my iPad and answer the phone. Why does closing the iPad hang up on them?

BTW, there is also some type of login problem on this forum when using Safari on iPadOS - bang up job Apple!

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 9:25 AM

Another thought, if you don't intend answering phone calls on the ipad, then on the phone go to Settings, Phone and turn off Calls on other devices.

2 replies

Stop iPad from hanging up phone when it is closed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.