Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate text from voice text

Every time I use voice text, which is quite often, the text appears duplicated after I complete the entire voice text entry. That is, while I’m actually entering the text via voice, it appears normal on the screen. But when the microphone turns off, suddenly a large portion of that text has been duplicated and inserted into the text message. This works on every app, regardless if it’s messaging, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Even writing emails.

I have an iPhone X. Running the latest updates, no new updates available. This question seems to be ours quite often here, but I have yet to see a definitive answer.

The most common answer to this problem I find is to reboot the phone, make sure you have the update, and turn off voice control. I have rebooted the phone. I have the current update. My voice control is turned off.

So now what should I try please?

Thank you anyone and everyone who may have an answer here. It’s frustrating.

iPhone X

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 12:08 PM

Thank you very much. I thought it was off, but you are correct it was on. I haven’t heard any duplication since I’ve turned it off. Thanks again.

Similar questions

2 replies

Duplicate text from voice text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.