Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly unable to make in-app purchases

Out of the blue, I started receiving error messages when trying to nake a purchase in one of my apps. The message states: "In-app purchase is not supported. Device licensed app does not support in-app purchase." This is followed be another popup saying the payment failed.

I had made the same purchase in the app only hours before, and had made no changes to my settings. How can this problem be fixed? Is it an issue with Apple or with the app?

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 9:48 PM

For others who have this problem, I learned the issue was the ios store not the game. The solution was to uninstall, then reinstall the app through the store. I made sure to bind my account first in case something went wrong (through VK and Facebook as well as the Gamecenter) but experienced no data loss or other problem upon reinstall. Quick and easy fix, but took way too long to learn the solution.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2022 9:48 PM in response to LKA1122

For others who have this problem, I learned the issue was the ios store not the game. The solution was to uninstall, then reinstall the app through the store. I made sure to bind my account first in case something went wrong (through VK and Facebook as well as the Gamecenter) but experienced no data loss or other problem upon reinstall. Quick and easy fix, but took way too long to learn the solution.

Feb 28, 2022 9:38 AM in response to LKA1122

Hey there LKA1122,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with making in-app purchases on your iPad.

Get started here: Buy additional app features with in-app purchases and subscriptions

This page may also help: If you can't find or use your in-app purchases

If this only happens in specific apps, reach out to the app developer for further assistance: How to contact an app developer

We hope this helps.

Suddenly unable to make in-app purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.