Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Work with LG C1

Hello.

Bought lg c1 tv. Connected to it Apple TV 4K.

Connected via HDMI cable. On Apple TV I chose 4K Dolby vision 60Hz.

When you start watching the TV screen, it starts to flicker and that's it. Impossible to watch and use.

At the same time, Dolby vision appears on the screen, then disappears.

If I disable HDMI deep color. Then it stops flickering, but Dolby vision and hdr are turned off.

What to do? Why it happens?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 11:52 AM

When you did this setup, it’s usually a sequential process on the ATV4K that lets you verify functionality at each step… It also let’s you verify that your HDMI cable supports the advanced features (my suspicion is that your cable may not be up to snuff). Otherwise there’s usually a mismatch between TV settings and the ATV4K. General advice is to first enable the TV’s advanced features for the ATV4K connection, then reset & configure the ATV4K’s video settings.

Standard advice:

• Make sure your LG is using the latest & greatest firmware
    • Make sure your HDMI cable between LG & ATV4K supports HDMI v2.1 and is of good quality
    • Turn ON all your LG’s HDMI CEC / Auto / ultra HD deep color HDR/Dolby Vision / blah-blah features for the HDMI port that’s connected to the ATV4K.
    • On the ATV4K, go to Settings > Video and Audio and Reset Video Settings
    • Enable & Verify HDR; Verify your HDMI cable
    • Try out & verify suggested Gamma settings and Dolby Vision (these features require a proper v2.1 HDMI cable)
    • Do a color calibration with your iPhone after tweaking the LG’s picture settings to what looks best while the ATV4K is delivering video in Dolby Vision.

At this point you’ve got the ATV4K’s and the LG’s video processing capabilities sort of doubled up… The ATV4K will be rendering its Home Screen / screen savers and upscaling / converting all source video content to 4K Dolby Vision at 60fps. I’m not sure what all the best settings for your TV should be, but I suspect the LG’s video/motion enhancement features will be redundant while the ATV4K’s format is Dolby Vision and the Match Content feature remains “Off”. You can experiment and see what looks best.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2022 11:52 AM in response to Pps22

When you did this setup, it’s usually a sequential process on the ATV4K that lets you verify functionality at each step… It also let’s you verify that your HDMI cable supports the advanced features (my suspicion is that your cable may not be up to snuff). Otherwise there’s usually a mismatch between TV settings and the ATV4K. General advice is to first enable the TV’s advanced features for the ATV4K connection, then reset & configure the ATV4K’s video settings.

Standard advice:

• Make sure your LG is using the latest & greatest firmware
    • Make sure your HDMI cable between LG & ATV4K supports HDMI v2.1 and is of good quality
    • Turn ON all your LG’s HDMI CEC / Auto / ultra HD deep color HDR/Dolby Vision / blah-blah features for the HDMI port that’s connected to the ATV4K.
    • On the ATV4K, go to Settings > Video and Audio and Reset Video Settings
    • Enable & Verify HDR; Verify your HDMI cable
    • Try out & verify suggested Gamma settings and Dolby Vision (these features require a proper v2.1 HDMI cable)
    • Do a color calibration with your iPhone after tweaking the LG’s picture settings to what looks best while the ATV4K is delivering video in Dolby Vision.

At this point you’ve got the ATV4K’s and the LG’s video processing capabilities sort of doubled up… The ATV4K will be rendering its Home Screen / screen savers and upscaling / converting all source video content to 4K Dolby Vision at 60fps. I’m not sure what all the best settings for your TV should be, but I suspect the LG’s video/motion enhancement features will be redundant while the ATV4K’s format is Dolby Vision and the Match Content feature remains “Off”. You can experiment and see what looks best.

Work with LG C1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.