Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download purchases

If you purchase a song on your iPhone. Will it download automatically to your Mac? Meaning when you open music on your Mac it will be there. Both devices use the same Apple ID.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 5:18 PM

Your unhidden purchases should be available on all devices where you are signed into your Apple ID. Whether or not they download automatically will depend on settings in your app. In Music if you enable Music > Preferences > General > Automatic Downloads and Always check for available downloads then then the new purchases ought to download automatically.

A subscription to Apple Music is not required, unless you actually want the features it offers, such as having new playlists or changed metadata sync automatically between your library and devices over the air.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2022 5:18 PM in response to applesmapple1

Your unhidden purchases should be available on all devices where you are signed into your Apple ID. Whether or not they download automatically will depend on settings in your app. In Music if you enable Music > Preferences > General > Automatic Downloads and Always check for available downloads then then the new purchases ought to download automatically.

A subscription to Apple Music is not required, unless you actually want the features it offers, such as having new playlists or changed metadata sync automatically between your library and devices over the air.

tt2

Feb 27, 2022 4:43 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Thank you for your reply. After spending an hour with apples Apple care agents today. They said it was impossible they would have to pay for Apple Music. I mentioned automatic downloads numerous times and this is no longer possible. My original question to them was. I bought a song last night on my iPhone. And this morning it's not on my computer. They went on and on and on to tell me that I can't be done anymore. If you look within System preferences in your iCloud. It no longer mentions music.

Download purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.