Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini not responding

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 7:47 PM

Bummer. Check out the “Related Article” provided by this site’s robot at the top of this page in response to your brief statement.

2 replies

Mar 15, 2022 8:16 PM in response to Michael Edwards7

Yes, Apple will have you RESET the HomePod, which is hilarious if you have more than one and don't have a spare hour every few weeks to "reboot and reset every single thing" -- utterly ridiculous.

Here's what I did to get mine to show up again: Rebooted my router. I also rebooted every single HomePod by unplugging and re-plugging them in.

I also enjoy how this invariably fails as I'm trying to go to sleep or just live my life, and everything has to come to a screeching halt so that *checks notes* a SPEAKER can play audio. In 2022. From a company worth over a trillion dollars.

Here's hoping they fix this bug -- which has been around since 2018 at least -- within the next half century.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.