Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I send pics from iCloud to an external hard drive?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 12:04 AM

Do you mean iCloud on the web?

If you are using Safari to access and download your photos at icloud.com you will need to change your download location in Safari's preferences.

Mount your external drive, then go to Safari > Preferences > General > File Download Location

and choose your external drive, or a folder in it you have prepared for your photos.

Then when you choose a photo, or photos and then click on the download arrow in iCloud on the web they will download to that place on your external drive.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2022 12:04 AM in response to marcedesfromephrata

Do you mean iCloud on the web?

If you are using Safari to access and download your photos at icloud.com you will need to change your download location in Safari's preferences.

Mount your external drive, then go to Safari > Preferences > General > File Download Location

and choose your external drive, or a folder in it you have prepared for your photos.

Then when you choose a photo, or photos and then click on the download arrow in iCloud on the web they will download to that place on your external drive.

Feb 28, 2022 1:22 AM in response to David McKinlay

Hi David,

Yes, I type iCloud.com in Safari so I can access my photos in iCloud.

I would like to send all pics in iCloud to an external hard drive.

Pics are stored on my iPad/iPhone and and I have run out of iCloud storage space. I don’t want to purchase more.

I need to remove all pics from both units as I cannot do any backups. I understand that by deleting pics from the iPad/iPhone that they will automatically be deleted from the Cloud. This is why I would like to transfer them to the external hard drive.

‘’I hope this all makes sense, and I sure do appreciate your help.

Thank you!

Marcy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.