Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Target display mode

May I use my iMac 27 from mid 2011 like target display for my new iMac silicone M1 with Big Sure?

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 1:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 1:58 AM

No.

Target Display Mode is history, and although your 2011 iMac could participate you need another old Mac with 10.15 or earlier as its mate.

Apple's support document Use your iMac as a display with target display mode is specific:

The other Mac that you're connecting it to must have been introduced in 2019 or earlier and have macOS Catalina or earlier installed

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2022 1:58 AM in response to straxxx

No.

Target Display Mode is history, and although your 2011 iMac could participate you need another old Mac with 10.15 or earlier as its mate.

Apple's support document Use your iMac as a display with target display mode is specific:

The other Mac that you're connecting it to must have been introduced in 2019 or earlier and have macOS Catalina or earlier installed

Target display mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.