Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 13 heat while charging

Could somebody help me pls? I have a new iphone 13 and while charging it heats up too much! Does anyone have the same problem? And how to resolve!?

thank you for the help

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 9:25 AM

Hello there !

if you charge your iPhone with fast charger it’s normal to be Warm but if your iPhone is too hot see this article:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch gets too hot or too cold

5 replies

Feb 28, 2022 9:53 AM in response to Thebird127

Thebird127 wrote:

Could somebody help me pls? I have a new iphone 13 and while charging it heats up too much! Does anyone have the same problem? And how to resolve!?
thank you for the help

You need to define “too much”. The phone has built in temperature protection. If the internal temperature gets too high the phone shuts down and displays a message saying it needs to cool off. If this doesn’t happen the temperature rise is not “too much”.

Feb 28, 2022 11:41 AM in response to Thebird127

You are stuck with the 2nd law of thermodynamics; anything that does “work” generates heat. The more work, the more heat. So fast charging anything will generate more heat than slow charging; using apps that are more complex (like watching videos or playing interactive games) will also generate more heat. Also, for an iPhone 12 or 13 a 5G connection takes much more energy than a 4G/LTE connection, so if you are using 5G data expect the phone to get warmer than if you are using Wi-Fi or LTE.

If the phone gets too hot to hold, however, that is not normal, and the phone should be checked for hardware faults.

Iphone 13 heat while charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.