Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the passcode on my MacOS Monterey v 12.2.1

How do I change my passcode on my Mac Pro please (macOS Monterey v 12.2.1) ?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 3:48 PM

Are you asking about an iPhone 4s? Its passcode isn't related to your Mac's login password, so if you were able to unlock your 4s using its old passcode that's to be expected.

I'm glad to help and you're not a nuisance; I just get the impression I'm misunderstanding your question. If you are in fact concerned about an iPhone, then you might be better off posting a new question in the Using iPhone Community.

In case you need it: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support. If you enter an incorrect passcode too many times, fixing it is inconvenient.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2022 3:48 PM in response to froglind

Are you asking about an iPhone 4s? Its passcode isn't related to your Mac's login password, so if you were able to unlock your 4s using its old passcode that's to be expected.

I'm glad to help and you're not a nuisance; I just get the impression I'm misunderstanding your question. If you are in fact concerned about an iPhone, then you might be better off posting a new question in the Using iPhone Community.

In case you need it: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support. If you enter an incorrect passcode too many times, fixing it is inconvenient.

Mar 2, 2022 3:19 PM in response to John Galt

Thank you so much John Galt :) as I have been able to change my Mac Pro password.

Unfortunately I had made a mistake while following your instructions deleting the information on my 4s and then did this by logging on to the 4s again with my old passcode and I am not sure what this means!!!

I really appreciate all your help and I am sorry to be a nuisance -

with best wishes for all you have done!

Iindy 😎

How do I change the passcode on my MacOS Monterey v 12.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.