Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

coffee spill

a small amount of iced coffee spilled on my macbook and i don’t know if i should get it checked out or if it’s okay. i cleaned the coffee out and turned my macbook off and flipped it over and left it like that. i am avoiding using it for as long as possible. what more should/can i do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 3:57 PM

Did you purchase AppleCare+ (AppleCare Plus)? It covers accidental damage, subject to limitations and a deductible.

You could get it evaluated, but liquid damage is usually prohibitively expensive to fix. Otherwise I'd just hope for the best.

3 replies

Feb 28, 2022 2:11 PM in response to elishaad_

There is acid in the coffee whether in liquid or dried form. It eats circuitry for breakfast, though this may take a period of time to evolve into damage. The recommendation to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Center evaluate the Mac is sound advice.

My coffee mug rests to the extreme left of my equipment, far enough away to not be accidentally spilled, and drank back from my desk, never over it.

coffee spill

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.