You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use passcode for all password autofill?

I really like how this website requires your passcode/Touch ID/Face ID when you log into these communities. How do I get Safari to always require passcode/Touch ID/Face ID for every password autofill for every website?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 2:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 3:38 PM

Most websites that have accounts should do that.

Settings, Passwords, Autofill passwords

and Settings, Safari, Autofill turn the toggles on

Then delete all website history and data in the same settings.

8 replies

Feb 28, 2022 10:47 PM in response to Revianmac

are the passwords for those sites in your Keychain in Settings, Passwords?

If the Website history is cleared thete should be nowhere else that a properly constructed website can store passwords. You may have to add them to keychain manually.

You will not get many websites as secure as this one especially of you use your "real" apple ID as forum ID

If a website does mot ask for a password you cannot force it to.

Mar 1, 2022 4:54 AM in response to LD150

Yes, all of my passwords are in keychain and used from there. I used to use a third-party password manager but keychain does the same thing and it doesn’t require a silly subscription for the same functionality.

I have 2FA set up on my banking website. I remember them requiring a verification code via text message the very first time I logged in on this phone. They haven’t required a verification text message at all after that. I’m thinking my bank keeps track of which devices I’m using.

Use passcode for all password autofill?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.