Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1/4 of my MacBook Pro screen is black

Hi there! 1/4 of my MacBook screen is black and I’m not sure how I should go about fixing it? Would this be a screen replacement, or is there something I can do to fix it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 6:44 PM

Hi,

You'd better check your LCD screen with Apple Diagnostics if it reports display or graphic processor related error(VFD001 to VFD007).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help or reported error, you should make Genius Bar reservation if there is retail AppleStore near by you or take your MacBook Pro to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2022 6:44 PM in response to lachiesmith16

Hi,

You'd better check your LCD screen with Apple Diagnostics if it reports display or graphic processor related error(VFD001 to VFD007).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help or reported error, you should make Genius Bar reservation if there is retail AppleStore near by you or take your MacBook Pro to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

1/4 of my MacBook Pro screen is black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.