Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari search bar has disappeared

The search bar on my Safari Browser has disappeared. Apple support helped me to switch to Tab Layout from Separate to compact. This works, but really prefer the Separate view. I did some research and went to customize the view and the search bar is dimmed out. When I switch to compact view it is not. I really need some help. I am at a loss.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 12:17 PM

Hello DRR84,

We see you have a question regarding Safari's search box, and we'd be happy to help out.

This page here helps to provide some assistance for getting Safari customized as desired:

Customize the Safari browser window on Mac

You may try using this to help drag the default set (which includes the address/search bar), back to the toolbar, if you're having issues with dragging just 'Address, Search, and Tabs'.

Regarding tabs, this page can help to go over the available options for adjusting that, if needed: Change Tabs preferences in Safari on Mac

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2022 12:17 PM in response to DRR84

Hello DRR84,

We see you have a question regarding Safari's search box, and we'd be happy to help out.

This page here helps to provide some assistance for getting Safari customized as desired:

Customize the Safari browser window on Mac

You may try using this to help drag the default set (which includes the address/search bar), back to the toolbar, if you're having issues with dragging just 'Address, Search, and Tabs'.

Regarding tabs, this page can help to go over the available options for adjusting that, if needed: Change Tabs preferences in Safari on Mac

Cheers.

Safari search bar has disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.