Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Repair

I bought a 2016 MacBook Pro second hand and it seems to have the “flex gate” problem with the display where if you open it more then 30 degrees it turns off. I want to take it to apple because they have a program where they’ll replace it for free. So do I have to pay since I’m not the original owner or is it free still?

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 7:15 PM

Hi,

I think Apple accept free repair of your screen even if it's a second hand or first owner or whatever.

13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support

Try to contact Apple Support or make Genius Bar reservation to ask for the repair.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

If there is no retail AppleStore near you, try to find local Apple Authorized Service Provider for free repair service.

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2022 7:15 PM in response to Himansh99

Hi,

I think Apple accept free repair of your screen even if it's a second hand or first owner or whatever.

13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support

Try to contact Apple Support or make Genius Bar reservation to ask for the repair.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

If there is no retail AppleStore near you, try to find local Apple Authorized Service Provider for free repair service.

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

MacBook Repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.