Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot notes password

I forgot my note password, I go into settings and reset the password for the notes I have locked and it doesn’t work, It still asks me for the old password (which I don’t remember), It only unlocks the new notes I create but don’t unlock the old ones. It’s annoying and frustrating. Apple just needs to adjust this issue, ASAP!

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 9:24 PM

Sasha1880 Said:

"Forgot notes password: I forgot my note password, I go into settings and reset the password for the notes I have locked and it doesn’t work, It still asks me for the old password (which I don’t remember), It only unlocks the new notes I create but don’t unlock the old ones. It’s annoying and frustrating. Apple just needs to adjust this issue, ASAP!"

-------

All is Operational:

The macOS is operating as it should. The passwords will not change for the notes already having their won passwords. So, if you think this should be different, then provide Apple with feedback on this.

Provide your Feedback:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of your feedback. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback thy receive from its users, the more likely they will know what needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - Notes - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request or Enhancement" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Application/Utilities" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Comment: on how you think things should be different and why
  5. Proceed from there as necessary.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2022 9:24 PM in response to Sasha1880

Sasha1880 Said:

"Forgot notes password: I forgot my note password, I go into settings and reset the password for the notes I have locked and it doesn’t work, It still asks me for the old password (which I don’t remember), It only unlocks the new notes I create but don’t unlock the old ones. It’s annoying and frustrating. Apple just needs to adjust this issue, ASAP!"

-------

All is Operational:

The macOS is operating as it should. The passwords will not change for the notes already having their won passwords. So, if you think this should be different, then provide Apple with feedback on this.

Provide your Feedback:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of your feedback. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback thy receive from its users, the more likely they will know what needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - Notes - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request or Enhancement" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Application/Utilities" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Comment: on how you think things should be different and why
  5. Proceed from there as necessary.

Forgot notes password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.