Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every song on CD except one will upload to Apple Music cloud?

This past week I ripped a CD from my collection onto Apple Music/iTunes.

I'm running OS Catalina. It plays just fine on the desktop itself.

All of the songs except one automatically sync with my iPhone over the cloud. One song shows an empty cloud for some reason. No matter how many times I delete it, and there are no duplicates.

Is there a reason this could be happening? I've never had this happen before.

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 10:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 5:01 PM

Hey drummerben04,

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities! The dotted-line icon showing means the song either can't be matched, isn't available in Apple Music catalog, or hasn't been released yet. Those details and more can be found here: Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC

If you haven't already, check the Apple Music catalog to see if you can locate the song there. Here's a great guide to help: Add and download music from Apple Music

We hope this helps.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2022 5:01 PM in response to drummerben04

Hey drummerben04,

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities! The dotted-line icon showing means the song either can't be matched, isn't available in Apple Music catalog, or hasn't been released yet. Those details and more can be found here: Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC

If you haven't already, check the Apple Music catalog to see if you can locate the song there. Here's a great guide to help: Add and download music from Apple Music

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Mar 1, 2022 8:49 PM in response to TammyW_03

Thanks for replying to this.

I was under the impression that if you sync a CD with Apple Music/iTunes, it will automatically sync music across the cloud, regardless if it has been released on Apple Music or not. In other words there is no reason anymore to hook your phone up by cable because it uploads to the cloud automatically.

This entire album here is not on Apple Music. However every song automatically uploaded to my devices except that one. It seems odd that that is the only song that seems to be giving me trouble.

Every song on CD except one will upload to Apple Music cloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.