Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I open pages there is a font size 96 header comes up. I change the font size to 14 and it's still massive. I only want to type a letter.

This has only happened since the last update. I just want to type letters and invoices as I always did.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 1:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 12:40 PM

Every document created in Pages starts with a document imported (then edited) or with a Template.

Open the template that you use for letters.

Without entering any text, select the header text and change its type size to the size you want.

Make any other format changes needed for that template.

Add any content that will be the same for ALL letters started from that template.

Then, before entering any content that is specific to the first letter you will write using that template, Save the open document as a Template.

You will be given the choice of adding it to the Template chooser or saving it to your computer.

The first choice will put the template in the My templates section of the chooser, where it can be selected like any other template in the chooser.

The second will ask for a location in which to save the template. You will be able to open the template by going to that location and double-clicking the file, or by choosing Open in Pages' File menu, then navigating to the file's location and selecting the file.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2022 12:40 PM in response to carolclothworld

Every document created in Pages starts with a document imported (then edited) or with a Template.

Open the template that you use for letters.

Without entering any text, select the header text and change its type size to the size you want.

Make any other format changes needed for that template.

Add any content that will be the same for ALL letters started from that template.

Then, before entering any content that is specific to the first letter you will write using that template, Save the open document as a Template.

You will be given the choice of adding it to the Template chooser or saving it to your computer.

The first choice will put the template in the My templates section of the chooser, where it can be selected like any other template in the chooser.

The second will ask for a location in which to save the template. You will be able to open the template by going to that location and double-clicking the file, or by choosing Open in Pages' File menu, then navigating to the file's location and selecting the file.

Regards,

Barry

When I open pages there is a font size 96 header comes up. I change the font size to 14 and it's still massive. I only want to type a letter.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.