Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete time zones from calendar app?

I'd like to delete time zones from the Calendar app (MacOS 12.2.1). When I search for solutions, it seems I need to download Xcode (12.6 GB!!) and run a Terminal command. Good grief, there must be an easier way to do such a simple task. Has Apple not made this possible in the Calendar app?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 8:08 AM

OK, I found a way to remove time zones. I deleted the plist file found at

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iCal.plist

and that reset all the preferences to defaults and removed time zones. Fortunately there are not many preferences to set in Calendar, so not a lot to fix after doing this. Re-adding the desired time zone worked this time (I clicked on it a couple times to make sure the app knew what I wanted).

There still should be an easier way to delete time zones than this.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2022 8:08 AM in response to Ogham

OK, I found a way to remove time zones. I deleted the plist file found at

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iCal.plist

and that reset all the preferences to defaults and removed time zones. Fortunately there are not many preferences to set in Calendar, so not a lot to fix after doing this. Re-adding the desired time zone worked this time (I clicked on it a couple times to make sure the app knew what I wanted).

There still should be an easier way to delete time zones than this.

Mar 1, 2022 7:00 AM in response to PRP_53

This does not remove unwanted time zones, it just hides the list. I *do* want to use time zones, but I want to remove one from the list.

(Background: when I added a time zone, Calendar added the wrong one. Trying a second time added the correct one, but the list still includes the unwanted one. This happened on two different Macs, so I reported it to Apple in a bug report.)

How to delete time zones from calendar app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.