Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Filter failed message for Kodak printer

not Sure if anyone can help, I have updated my MacBook Pro recently to Big Sur. my Epsom printer is still working fine but my Kodak no longer works. I reinstalled the driver using the installation disc and it all seemed fine until I tried to print again then the filter failed message again and now I am just in a loop of despair doing the same things over and over.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 8:34 AM

I found an old user manual online here:

https://resources.kodak.com/support/shtml/en/manuals/urg01182/urg01182toc.shtml

it contained this procedure:

Updating if your printer is connected to a computer with MAC OS

To update the software

1. Make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet. 
      2. Open Home Center Software. 
      3. On the KODAK AiO Home Center menu, select Check for Updates
      4. If there are software updates, follow the on-screen instructions for updating your software.

If that can not be made to work easily, this very limited printer may have been abandoned by its maker in the MacOS move to 64-bit only software at 10.15 Catalina.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2022 8:34 AM in response to Bryzer

I found an old user manual online here:

https://resources.kodak.com/support/shtml/en/manuals/urg01182/urg01182toc.shtml

it contained this procedure:

Updating if your printer is connected to a computer with MAC OS

To update the software

1. Make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet. 
      2. Open Home Center Software. 
      3. On the KODAK AiO Home Center menu, select Check for Updates
      4. If there are software updates, follow the on-screen instructions for updating your software.

If that can not be made to work easily, this very limited printer may have been abandoned by its maker in the MacOS move to 64-bit only software at 10.15 Catalina.

Mar 1, 2022 7:25 AM in response to Bryzer

<< I reinstalled the driver using the installation disc >>

DO NOT use the Printer software installation disc. It was created before the Printer was built, and was obsolete by the time you opened the box to install the Printer.

Check with the manufacturer's web site for Driver updates that can run in your current MacOS.

If you were to post the exact model of Printer, Readers may be able to help you find a Driver.

Filter failed message for Kodak printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.