Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K Keeps Cutting Out

Apple TV 4K Keeps Cutting Out. It started about 3 weeks ago out of no where. The HDMI cable I purchased is from Apple. I also tried swapping the cable and rebooting my Apple TV a few times. Any suggestions?

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 9:35 AM

When you say cutting out do you mean the display goes black or just the video stream cuts out and it goes back to the main menu?

If it's the display then also try switching ports and try on another TV. Keep in mind that if the white light on the Apple TV is steady then it is still working correctly.

If it's only the video stream then that would be more of a network issue. Check the speedtest app to see the current internet connection. To check the local network run a diagnostic report on your computer using istumbler, netstumbler or similar. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks. Try connecting via ethernet.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2022 9:35 AM in response to mcsq88

When you say cutting out do you mean the display goes black or just the video stream cuts out and it goes back to the main menu?

If it's the display then also try switching ports and try on another TV. Keep in mind that if the white light on the Apple TV is steady then it is still working correctly.

If it's only the video stream then that would be more of a network issue. Check the speedtest app to see the current internet connection. To check the local network run a diagnostic report on your computer using istumbler, netstumbler or similar. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks. Try connecting via ethernet.

Apple TV 4K Keeps Cutting Out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.