Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari bug

There seems to be a bug in Safari. You can store a web page as a tab at the top left corner of your browser (well, close to top left). I have tried this using flightradar24 page. When you login using the Sign In with Apple option, a small window appears with the Touch ID prompt. Unfortunately, when the page was stored as a tab the window does not appear and instead a new tab opens where the browser attempts to contact appleid.apple.com with some authentication data. It never opens. However, when I do the same with the regular tab, the login window appears no problem.

I wonder if the problem is known.

Thank you

Piotr

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 8:08 AM

Hi Piterek,

Thanks for posting. It sounds like you have a question about using pinned tabs in Safari. Is that right? We'd like to see if we can help.

Does this only happen with the one website that you mentioned? This would help in working out more about the issue.

You could test this out in a newly-created administrator account to see if the issue is system-wide or user-specific. Here's how to Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

Let us know, and have a good one.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2022 8:08 AM in response to Piterek

Hi Piterek,

Thanks for posting. It sounds like you have a question about using pinned tabs in Safari. Is that right? We'd like to see if we can help.

Does this only happen with the one website that you mentioned? This would help in working out more about the issue.

You could test this out in a newly-created administrator account to see if the issue is system-wide or user-specific. Here's how to Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

Let us know, and have a good one.

Safari bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.