Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Memory

I have offloaded all of the apps, moved all photos to Cloud and my iPad still shows I have a ton of media stored, so much that in order to use one app I have to offload another. I have done everything I can think of to get more storage but I can't figure out what to do next. Can someone help?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 9:23 AM

Other than offloading or replacing your iPad with a model with more internal storage, if your internal storage is full, your only option is to better manage the storage that you have - and delete unused Apps or unneeded data. 

These support pages should prove to be helpful:

About storage on your device and in iCloud – Apple Support

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? – Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage – Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2022 9:23 AM in response to Brad5678

Other than offloading or replacing your iPad with a model with more internal storage, if your internal storage is full, your only option is to better manage the storage that you have - and delete unused Apps or unneeded data. 

These support pages should prove to be helpful:

About storage on your device and in iCloud – Apple Support

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? – Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage – Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Mar 1, 2022 9:36 AM in response to Brad5678

If you're using iCloud Photos sync, you didn't "moved" your photos/videos, you just synced them to iCloud, but they are still on your iPad too (so that if you delete one picture from your device, it will be deleted from iCloud too).

That said, if you need to make room on your device, you can take a look at the section "Store your photos and videos in iCloud" in this support article:--> Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support, and optimize your storage

or, even better, take into consideration to copy/archive your photos/videos on a computer (using this procedure:--> Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

When your media or other stuff are safely stored on your computer, you can delete some of them from your iPad (or from iCloud) to make more room.

Regards

Giulio

iPad Memory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.