Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Related Article: Make purchases using Apple Pay

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to add card to apple pay and there is stated “Verification required”. I’ve contacted to my bank. They say that the issue is on apple pay side. Please advise.

I am trying to add card to apple pay and there is stated “Verification required”. I’ve contacted to my bank. They say that the issue is on apple pay side. Please advise.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 12:26 PM

See this Apple article: Identity verification for Apple Card or Apple Cash

Identity verification for Apple Card or Apple Cash - Apple Support

3 replies

Mar 8, 2022 7:23 AM in response to Raicya

There are three parts to Apple's Wallet. The article referenced here is specifically for two of those parts: Apple Card and Apple Cash. I am pretty sure that Mariia's problem is simply with loading a card into the Apple Wallet for use with Apple Pay (the third component). If this is the case, then this article does not apply.

We are having the same problem actually. My niece in Brasil is trying to load a US credit card into her new iPhone. The bank sent an email saying that she can start making purchases once Apple's Wallet lets you know your card is ready for Apple Pay. All she gets is a message that says "Verification Necessary", and below that "Open (the bank's) Mobile". Unfortunately nothing happens when touches the prompt, or goes to the bank's app and opens it that way.

Called Apple support, and they did not have an answer other than to suggest that we verify the phone is running the latest versions of iOS and the banking App. Since her Brasilian card loaded without a problem, we are also thinking that it might have something to do with the fact that the phone is geographically set up for Brasil, not the US where the card was issued.

Hoping someone has a definitive answer.

Mar 9, 2022 6:46 AM in response to KBTraveler

And I have an update: we successfully got past the "verification" problem by adding the credit card from the Bank's official iPhone App rather than from the Apple Wallet app. I am sure that every bank's app is going to be different, and in our case the bank's app had different menus that made it very difficult to find where the "Add to Apple Wallet" prompt was located. But once we got to the correct page, we were able to add the credit card to the Wallet without any problems.

I might add that it was an Apple Support representative that we spoke with who suggested that we might be able to add the credit card thorough the Bank's official iPhone App, rather than the Apple Wallet App. This way there would be no "verification" required by Apple Wallet, since it is the bank's own app that downloaded the info into the wallet. Made sense, and it worked for us! I just hope that your Bank's iPhone App allows you to do the same.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.