Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

odd mail screen behavior ipad

Since the last update, every time I open mail floating small versions of some mail from somewhere appear floating on the bottom. I’ve tried turning off so many things it’s a wonder anything works. What is this and can I get rid of it? Thanks

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 9:20 AM

Hello weepingbeech,

It sounds like what you are describing is a draft email or Mail windows.

To test this:

1. Open Mail.
  2. Go to any mailbox.
  3. At the bottom left there should be two icons. One looks like two squares on top of each other. Press that. This link will provide a better look in the first image: Check your email in Mail on iPad
  4. If you swipe up. It will close anything open in another tab similar to how multitasking with apps work.

This feature is built-in to Mail and cannot be turned off. You can leave any feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

If it is something else, let us know in detail what you mean be seeing.

Thanks.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2022 9:20 AM in response to weepingbeech

Hello weepingbeech,

It sounds like what you are describing is a draft email or Mail windows.

To test this:

1. Open Mail.
  2. Go to any mailbox.
  3. At the bottom left there should be two icons. One looks like two squares on top of each other. Press that. This link will provide a better look in the first image: Check your email in Mail on iPad
  4. If you swipe up. It will close anything open in another tab similar to how multitasking with apps work.

This feature is built-in to Mail and cannot be turned off. You can leave any feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

If it is something else, let us know in detail what you mean be seeing.

Thanks.

odd mail screen behavior ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.