Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off Two Factor Authentication

I really need to turn off Two Factor Authentication for my apple ID. It has become the most annoying aspect of my account. I don't mind entering my password and I have the ability to access emails and phone numbers for security, but I need to stop the 6 digit codes to add additional devices to my account. I should be able to just sign in with my account information without the codes. Please tell me they are allowing users the abilty to turn it off when needed. I should be able to turn it on and off as needed without a company telling me I can or can't on devices I have paid for.

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 1:18 PM

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, you can unenroll within two weeks of enrollment. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require higher security.

see this link:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2022 1:18 PM in response to court256

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, you can unenroll within two weeks of enrollment. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require higher security.

see this link:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Turn off Two Factor Authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.