Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M1 keys from 1 to 9 not working on the keyboard

Dear Apple Support Community,

I have just gotten the MacBook today, it is brand new (if that means anything) and I am having issues with my built-in keyboard. When I press on any of the numerical keys, the MacBook is unresponsive meaning that the character is not typed on the screen. The numbers do occasionally work for a couple of minutes and then it is the same issue again. The mouse keys and the slow keys are not turned on, I have already googled the issue and none of the solutions that were provided to me work. I am currently using the on-screen keyboard to type the characters but I find it to be very inconvenient. Could this be a faulty hardware issue and is my MacBook eligible for a free replacement under the warranty if that is the case?

Thank you,

Random user

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 4:40 PM

Hi,

Try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports something keyboard related error(NDK001, NDK003, NDK004).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help or error is reported, I think you should make Genius Bar reservation if there is retail AppleStore near you or find nearby Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2022 4:40 PM in response to randomuserrandomuser

Hi,

Try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports something keyboard related error(NDK001, NDK003, NDK004).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help or error is reported, I think you should make Genius Bar reservation if there is retail AppleStore near you or find nearby Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

MacBook Air M1 keys from 1 to 9 not working on the keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.