Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not seeing all tracks on my playlist

Hi i recently had a mid-DJ crisis and had to move my playlists out of Pioneer's Rekordbox back into iTunes after converting my entire music collection to FLAC from AIFF (AIFF was giving me grief holding onto the meta data i'd added, and i lost months tagging as a result).

My method for doing so is a bit dirty but i can't see why it shouldn't work.

1. In Rekordbox i exported each playlist as .m3u8
  2. Open each playlist and did Find/Replace on .aiff to .flac
  3. Replaced all music files with their FLAC versions in the exact same file location within explorer
  4. Drag and dropped playlists into iTunes

The Result

Although i can copy/paste any flac file path into "Run" on windows and the correct track does play, iTunes fails to list all .flac tracks in the playlists though it has no problem listing or playing any mp3's in the playlist. It just misses out all my flacs even though i can see them with the correct filepath in .m3u8 file when editing with with Notepad++

If anyone has any ideas why iTunes can't see/ list the track i'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks

Windows 10 Home

Latest version of iTunes 12.10.11.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 12:55 PM

Hello Mal_Kol,

It sounds like you're needing help with importing music to iTunes on your computer.

Here's a great article to get started importing: Import media from a computer to iTunes on PC

iTunes supports a few formats and .flac format. You can read more about what formats are supported here: Choose import settings in iTunes on PC

Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2022 12:55 PM in response to Mal_Kol

Hello Mal_Kol,

It sounds like you're needing help with importing music to iTunes on your computer.

Here's a great article to get started importing: Import media from a computer to iTunes on PC

iTunes supports a few formats and .flac format. You can read more about what formats are supported here: Choose import settings in iTunes on PC

Take care!

Mar 3, 2022 7:20 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Well that'll be why then!

Doh!

Not sure i want to convert to ALAC, its taken me a rather long time to settle on FLAC and only because i know its supported in Pioneer hardware (unfortunately i am bound to their hardware for the foreseeable). I think most Pioneer h/w does support ALAC but its really all about the tagging. I just need to find a lossless format that allows me to tag the file itself as I want to free myself from any reliance on 3rd party software.

I am now retagging all my music (6000 strong collection) for a third time because of issues with 3rd parties... it's a soul crushing endeavour as i'm sure most people can understand.

iTunes not seeing all tracks on my playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.