Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adjustable stand for desktop?

I have a 24" iMac. Even with my chair as high as it will go. My screen is too high. My eye level is barely above the middle of the screen. Do you know of a height-adjustable stand that I can replace my iMac stand with?

I loved the old iMac with the adjustable stand that came out of a half-circle base. It may not have been the prettiest iMac Apple ever made, but I mourned its passing. It could be adjusted to anyone's comfort. Shame on Apple for this solid stick that I am stuck with now.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 8:14 AM

Shame on Apple for this solid stick that I am stuck with now.

The last iMac that had the articulated arm was discontinued in July 2004! Was your last iMac that old? The "solid stick" had been on iMacs for 18 years.

What is the height of your workstation surface? The work surface of older desks and tables used to be about 30 inches above the floor; modern computer desks, table and workstations are closer to 27 inches high for exactly the reason you encountered.

By the way, we are your fellow users. Apple will not see your "shame on..." comment here. To give constructive criticism that will be seen by an Apple employee, I invite you to use this product feedback link:

Feedback - iMac - Apple

The VESA-capable iMacs that dialabrain mentions are here:

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/imac-vesa

⚠️ Note that even with a VESA mount, the iMac MUST remain a minimum of about 2.5 to 3 inches above any horizontal surface to prevent the blocking of important cooling air intakes on the bottom edge of the case.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2022 8:14 AM in response to Shahidkhanmasood

Shame on Apple for this solid stick that I am stuck with now.

The last iMac that had the articulated arm was discontinued in July 2004! Was your last iMac that old? The "solid stick" had been on iMacs for 18 years.

What is the height of your workstation surface? The work surface of older desks and tables used to be about 30 inches above the floor; modern computer desks, table and workstations are closer to 27 inches high for exactly the reason you encountered.

By the way, we are your fellow users. Apple will not see your "shame on..." comment here. To give constructive criticism that will be seen by an Apple employee, I invite you to use this product feedback link:

Feedback - iMac - Apple

The VESA-capable iMacs that dialabrain mentions are here:

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/imac-vesa

⚠️ Note that even with a VESA mount, the iMac MUST remain a minimum of about 2.5 to 3 inches above any horizontal surface to prevent the blocking of important cooling air intakes on the bottom edge of the case.

adjustable stand for desktop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.