Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview-Bug: Marking a page in Contact-Sheet-View

Can someone verify this bug or is it just me? (Monterey 12.2.1, iMac 5K 2020)

This bug seems to appear only in small pdfs: I tested size A4 and A5 size: no problems... but with A6 size and smaller, this bug occurs:

In the Preview-App I use the view "contact sheet" to rearrange, delete or rotate one or several pdf-pages:

• When marking a page the "cursor" jumps immediately to the next page (marking the first or the last page is impossible)
  • When marking a page (e.g. marking page number 23 can be achieved by clicking page number 22) and rotate it 90 degrees, the page rotates, but the cursor jumps to the next page (-> page 24). So if I want page 23 to rotate 270 degrees, I have to: click page 22, click rotate, click page 22, click rotate, click page 22, click rotate. If I mark 2 or more pages (holding cmd, second+ page can be selected without "the trick"), the marker stays in place and I can rotate as often as i want).

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 7:34 AM

wunderleful wrote:

This bug seems to appear only in small pdfs: I tested size A4 and A5 size: no problems... but with A6 size and smaller, this bug occurs:

In the Preview-App I use the view "contact sheet" to rearrange, delete or rotate one or several pdf-pages:
When marking a page the "cursor" jumps immediately to the next page (marking the first or the last page is impossible)
• When marking a page (e.g. marking page number 23 can be achieved by clicking page number 22) and rotate it 90 degrees, the page rotates, but the cursor jumps to the next page (-> page 24). So if I want page 23 to rotate 270 degrees, I have to: click page 22, click rotate, click page 22, click rotate, click page 22, click rotate. If I mark 2 or more pages (holding cmd, second+ page can be selected without "the trick"), the marker stays in place and I can rotate as often as i want).

You can submit a bug report using this link: Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 7:34 AM in response to wunderleful

wunderleful wrote:

When marking a page the "cursor" jumps immediately to the next page (marking the first or the last page is impossible)

You can submit a bug report using this link: Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

Preview-Bug: Marking a page in Contact-Sheet-View

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.