Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting AUX cable to IPhone XR- Does not work with phone call

I have an IPhone XR. At work, I conduct conference calls with people on the phone and people in a large room with a loud speaker and microphone. I connect my IPhone to the loud speaker/microphone using an AUX cable.

The people on the phone cannot hear me when I speak through the microphone. Now, when I play music through my IPhone, it can be heard through the loud speaker when connected with AUX cable. As soon as a phone call comes through, there is no sound through the AUX to the loud speaker.

So basically the AUX output works fine with music, but does not work with phone calls.

Is there a setting that I am missing to enable a phone call sound through the AUX cable ?

The person who was doing this before me was using a Galaxy phone and phone call sound through AUX loud speaker worked well.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 9:01 AM

when a headset / speaker whatever is connected the iphones speaker and mic are muted

if your AUX cable out does not carry both left channel and right channel audio out and feed back mic input then

you will experience what you experience, it's receving mic input from something you do not have connected

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2022 9:01 AM in response to kar91

when a headset / speaker whatever is connected the iphones speaker and mic are muted

if your AUX cable out does not carry both left channel and right channel audio out and feed back mic input then

you will experience what you experience, it's receving mic input from something you do not have connected

Connecting AUX cable to IPhone XR- Does not work with phone call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.