Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS pausing music during workouts

I upgraded to iOS 15.3.1 on my iPhone 11 recently, and now the music (via Spotify) pauses every single time my workout app (Hevy) plays an audio cue. This is super annoying, and all the resources I've found so far give solutions that involve Apple Watch - which I do not own.

I've tried disabling notifications in Hevy, but they still trigger when the app is open (which it is during workouts).

iPhone 11

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 9:01 AM

The standard first troubleshooting step with any third-party apps is to delete and reinstall them. If that doesn't help, the next step would be to contact the app developers. I'd start with the work out app developers.

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

Does this also happen if you use the Apple Music app? Or any other music apps?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2022 9:01 AM in response to pencerw

The standard first troubleshooting step with any third-party apps is to delete and reinstall them. If that doesn't help, the next step would be to contact the app developers. I'd start with the work out app developers.

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

Does this also happen if you use the Apple Music app? Or any other music apps?

iOS pausing music during workouts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.