Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the password for iCloud locked notes saved in the keychain?

I'm having an issue where the password that I have for my locked notes isn't working. Is the password for notes saved in the Keychain? If not, this seems a massive oversight and I don't know why. People forget passwords and the entire reason for being for Keychain is to give us a secure, encrypted way to save and access passwords.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 7:38 PM

See the articles Manage passwords for locking notes on Mac - Apple Support

Lock your notes on Mac - Apple Support

WARNING: If you forget your password and can’t unlock your notes with Touch ID on your Mac or Magic Keyboard or with your Apple Watch, you can’t view your locked notes. Apple can’t help you regain access to those locked notes, although you can create a new password that lets you password-protect any notes that you want to lock going forward. See Reset your password.

The passwords are not saved in keychain access , you can't view in it .

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2022 7:38 PM in response to Timothy Swan2

See the articles Manage passwords for locking notes on Mac - Apple Support

Lock your notes on Mac - Apple Support

WARNING: If you forget your password and can’t unlock your notes with Touch ID on your Mac or Magic Keyboard or with your Apple Watch, you can’t view your locked notes. Apple can’t help you regain access to those locked notes, although you can create a new password that lets you password-protect any notes that you want to lock going forward. See Reset your password.

The passwords are not saved in keychain access , you can't view in it .

Is the password for iCloud locked notes saved in the keychain?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.