Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my Apple Watch S7 suddenly stop recording my walk?

While on a walk my watch suddenly decides to stop recording or offers meaningless messages or says it is not playing something - very annoying

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 12:17 PM

Hi PaulaWr,

Thanks for connecting with us here in Apple Support Communities. We can see that you're having some issues with your workout being recorded. You'll want to make sure that you Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch while working out. Please also look into recalibrating your Apple Watch as well. See the link below.

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy

Have a nice day.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 12:17 PM in response to PaulaWr

Hi PaulaWr,

Thanks for connecting with us here in Apple Support Communities. We can see that you're having some issues with your workout being recorded. You'll want to make sure that you Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch while working out. Please also look into recalibrating your Apple Watch as well. See the link below.

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy

Have a nice day.

Mar 3, 2022 2:21 PM in response to PaulaWr

Hello PaulaWr,

When you start your walk, do you normally Use the Workout app on your Apple Watch to start the workout or do you allow your Apple Watch to detect you? Also, have you tried to re restart your devices since noticing this issue? Here's how to restart your Apple Watch and iPhone:

Restart your Apple WatchRestart your iPhone

Let us know the results.

Take care!

Why does my Apple Watch S7 suddenly stop recording my walk?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.