Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail wants to sign using key "privateKey" in your keychain?

This prompt appears every minute that Apple Mail is open. 'Mail wants to sign using key "privateKey" in your keychain?' No matter what I have done to trouble shoot on line it has not worked. Emptying certificates from keychain. Manually entering the password before selecting each option: "Always Allow," "Deny," and "Allow." Resetting email. Resetting the computer. Software updates. Nothing is working to get rid of this prompt and it's driving me crazy.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 6:00 AM

rmmo wrote:

This prompt appears every minute that Apple Mail is open. 'Mail wants to sign using key "privateKey" in your keychain?' No matter what I have done to trouble shoot on line it has not worked. Emptying certificates from keychain. Manually entering the password before selecting each option: "Always Allow," "Deny," and "Allow." Resetting email. Resetting the computer. Software updates. Nothing is working to get rid of this prompt and it's driving me crazy.

"Mail wants to sign using key 'privateKey… - Apple Community

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 6:00 AM in response to rmmo

rmmo wrote:

"Mail wants to sign using key 'privateKey… - Apple Community

Mail wants to sign using key "privateKey" in your keychain?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.