You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I upgraded IOS to Monterey the other day, when I highlight text in Pages it is orange!!! How can I change this back to blue?

Since I upgraded IOS to Monterey the other day, when I highlight text in Pages it is orange!!! How can I change this back to blue?

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 5:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 11:13 PM

" I upgraded IOS to Monterey the other day…"

Now that would be an amazing feat!! ;^)

Regarding highlighting, here's what it says in Pages Help:

Add a background color to text

1. Select the text you want to highlight.
  2. If the text is in a text box or shape, clicking the text box or shape affects all the text it contains.
  3. In the Format  sidebar, click the Style button near the top.
  4. If the text is in a text box, table, or shape, first click the Text tab at the top of the sidebar, then click the Style button.
  5. In the Font section, click .
  6. Next to Text Background, click either the color well on the left or the color wheel on the right and choose a color.
  7. The color well shows colors that match the template you’re using. The color wheel opens the color window, where you can choose any color.

Regards,

Barry

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 2, 2022 11:13 PM in response to marlinski

" I upgraded IOS to Monterey the other day…"

Now that would be an amazing feat!! ;^)

Regarding highlighting, here's what it says in Pages Help:

Add a background color to text

1. Select the text you want to highlight.
  2. If the text is in a text box or shape, clicking the text box or shape affects all the text it contains.
  3. In the Format  sidebar, click the Style button near the top.
  4. If the text is in a text box, table, or shape, first click the Text tab at the top of the sidebar, then click the Style button.
  5. In the Font section, click .
  6. Next to Text Background, click either the color well on the left or the color wheel on the right and choose a color.
  7. The color well shows colors that match the template you’re using. The color wheel opens the color window, where you can choose any color.

Regards,

Barry

Mar 3, 2022 11:52 AM in response to marlinski

If by highlighting you mean selecting a block of text and the background color matches the orange color of your Pages side panel controls, then it is indeed a matter of changing the accent color in System Preferences > General to Blue as picas pointed out.

If you are wanting to place a proper word processing highlight color behind some selected text, then Barry has shown that process.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.