Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm no longer able to pair my MAC with my Iphone, why

I'm no longer able to pair my MAC with my Iphone, why?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 5:52 PM

You were never able to pair your Mac with your iPhone; iPhones do not support computer to computer communications (and your iPhone is a computer, remember) except for using the phone as a cellular modem. You also don’t need to pair it, because continuity functions, screen sharing and Airdrop do not need to be paired.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2022 5:52 PM in response to deborahgp

You were never able to pair your Mac with your iPhone; iPhones do not support computer to computer communications (and your iPhone is a computer, remember) except for using the phone as a cellular modem. You also don’t need to pair it, because continuity functions, screen sharing and Airdrop do not need to be paired.

Mar 28, 2022 10:40 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

My problem is similar. I have a Late 2014 iMac Retina 5K, and a iPad mini 4 and a new iPhone SE 5. he iMac is running Big Sur, and the iPad and iPhone are running 15.4. Last week, I had a update from 11.6.4 to 11.6.5 on my iMac. Now, I no longer see my iPhone or my iPad in my Finder. I can no longer SYNCH the two with my Computer.

Any ideas as to why that is? (P.S. It worked before. )

PPS. All 3 are on the same wireless network with the correct passwords and permissions.

I'm no longer able to pair my MAC with my Iphone, why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.