Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 11 Boot Error on Mac Mini M1

Hello, I am using Mac Mini M1 processor and I have installed ARM64 based Windows 11 on external hard drive. Everything seems fine, but I get an error when booting.

Mac mini, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 11:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 5:13 AM

It will not work directly. The only way is via some virtualization app as previously mentioned.

There are zero drivers available to use Windows 11 (or 10 for that matter) directly with any M1 based Mac.

Also, Bootcamp is not available on M1 Macs.

FWIW, according to Microsoft in their most recent statements they have stated they have no intention of providing support for the M1 Macs and Windows 11.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 5:13 AM in response to canyesilyurt

It will not work directly. The only way is via some virtualization app as previously mentioned.

There are zero drivers available to use Windows 11 (or 10 for that matter) directly with any M1 based Mac.

Also, Bootcamp is not available on M1 Macs.

FWIW, according to Microsoft in their most recent statements they have stated they have no intention of providing support for the M1 Macs and Windows 11.

Windows 11 Boot Error on Mac Mini M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.