Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV

How do you set up family sharing on Apple TV if you only have Android?

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 8:26 AM

You cannot. Family Sharing setup requires an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac, cannot be done from an Android device.

You can however simply sign in to your Apple ID on the Apple TV without setting up Family Sharing.

4 replies

Mar 9, 2022 7:15 AM in response to ELVWNK

I agree 100%, the content while not as exhaustive as other streaming services appears to be good (I just started my 7 day trial using the app for Amazon FireTV Cube) but the user experience is disappoinging if you don't have any Apple devices. Why add this restriction if you are trying to reach consumers on other platforms? As a customer I may not want to use Apple products but I may want to consume content offered through one of their services (could even be a gateway drug) especially when it is offered on platforms that I do use and enjoy.

It leaves a bad taste in your mouth when it is half baked and leaves out a very important feature like family sharing which is nothing new but expected since it has a comparable alternative on many other products like Netflix, Disney+, HBOMax, etc. This is exactly the kind of thing that keeps me from trying other Apple hardware and software products. There is no moral, ethical, or legal reason to be discriminatory against consumers that are paying exactly the same for a service as others.

Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.