Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

data transfer

Hello, I am trying to transfer data from my old iphone to my new one. I did the quick start method. My old iphone displayed "transfer complete" about 7 hours ago. Most of the apps on my new iphone are not available and display "waiting" under the icons. Should the transfer take this long to complete?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 9:28 AM

Apps are not transferred from one iPhone to the other, they are merely set to download from the App Store.

Make sure the new iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi or at least 5G cellular.

Depending on connection speed, it may take a while to download all the apps from the App Store.

You can also try to reboot the new iPhone and see if the app downloads start up again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 9:28 AM in response to pinto9

Apps are not transferred from one iPhone to the other, they are merely set to download from the App Store.

Make sure the new iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi or at least 5G cellular.

Depending on connection speed, it may take a while to download all the apps from the App Store.

You can also try to reboot the new iPhone and see if the app downloads start up again.

data transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.