Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac mini will not connect by Bluetooth to iPhones. Why ? It Pairs ok

Mac mini, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 11:12 AM

An iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) or an iPad except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. See the following for more information: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 11:12 AM in response to Liverboi

An iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) or an iPad except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. See the following for more information: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.